A man identified as Nader Harb, suffered a massive third-degree burn on his thigh after a spare battery for his vaping device exploded in his pocket.
He was reportedly setting up for the day at the butcher shop he works at when the LGHG2 battery in his right pocket burst into flames. According to his lawsuit filed against the battery maker LG Chem, Harb says he ‘literally dropped to the ground, rolled, and put out the fire’ before he realized it was his vape.
He was rushed to a hospital, where burn specialists treated him for second- and third-degree burns that took up most of this right thigh. Harb said the incident nearly killed him, and it was worse than being run over by a car.
‘I mean, I got cut by machines, I got run over by a car, I’ve never seen pain like this’ he said and has now filed a lawsuit against LG, the South Korean electronics company that owns the battery provider.